Thursday, 21 March 2013

The value project - week 3



 


Hi all, ok so it's maybe a bit more than a week since my last post on this topic, but work and impending fatherhood have taken precedence for a bit. As you can see from the above, I've managed to get a bit of painting done on my Sanguinary Guard, though there are still several layers to do, particularly on the armour panels itself. The wings on the jetpack are done though, and I've taken a couple of close-ups of the work so far.



In the main, I've been working on my new purchases instead, assembling another 5 Soarta, my Soarta dreadnought, and a drop pod for my sternguard.



Preparation: up to 12 hours now on this element, mostly on the drop pod, dread and the five new soarta.
Conversion: 3 hours in total on this section, the new additions being work on the soarta dread, adjusting the angle of the right arm, and repositioning the 'toes' of one of the feet, to look like they're gripping a rock outcrop on the base.
Painting: getting on for 13 hours now, I've done a bit of work on the sanguinary guard power weapons, and some base coat work on the soarta, but the main additions were to the sanguinary guard model featured above.
Background: no work on the background this week, though I have done some background to my dark eldar, and some other work on a story I've been working on for an old marine chapter I created. I've also been asked to write some fluff for a tale of four gamers project at my local club, so I'll link that once it's done.

The final piece of news is my new book has arrived, a limited run novel based on Mephiston, one of the characters that got me into 40k way back when (1995/1996?) so I'm really looking forward to tearing the cellophane from it and getting stuck in!




Don't forget boys and girls, in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only Ward - Matt Ward (eek!)