Monday, 9 June 2014

Secret painting progress!!

Morning all, time to update you all on my painting once again, though it's going to be an odd one this week!

First off, I've split my painting time this week between two projects, the first is the iron fists centurions you can see above, which are coming on nicely. The second is now ready for washing, and the third should be at that stage by the end of tomorrow lunchtime.

The other project is my secret army, The Revenant. I've been working on a test model, trying to figure out the detailed elements of the scheme I've had in my head for a while. It's a big departure for me, because it's based on a white undercoat and is using drybrushing in a way I've not tried before. I'm also experimenting with paint finishes and metallics, trying to blend different textures and colours that I wouldn't normally use to make a visually distinctive army in the tabletop. 

I don't want to say too much more just yet, but suffice to say I will be keeping full notes and documenting the construction to feature as a series of posts later. I'm planning on buying the first proper model of 21 in the army next week, make of that what you will, all will be revealed in due course!