Friday, 31 October 2014

Painting progress - it's been a while!


Hi all,

so I've not posted any pics of my painting progress recently, so here goes, this could be a bumper update!

So since the last time I posted painting pictures, the Dark Eldar codex has dropped, and I've been busy updating some of my models - needless to say the Iron Fists have been put on the back burner for a while.

As you can see above, there's a squad of Kabalite Warriors finished.

Here's their transport from both sides.


The scheme is a Charadon Granite base (no longer available - stormvermin fur is now the closest you can get, but it's not that close even so) washed with Nuln Oil. The armour plating is edged with Khorne Red, and the patterns and sail are done with a 3-coat layer of mephiston red, evil sunz scarlet and wild rider red.

I've had lots of compliments about the iconography and questions over how it's done, well it's not as difficult as it looks, but it is time consuming - I did lots of sketches beforehand getting patterns I liked, then superimposed them over an outline of the raider. Once the basecoat grey and wash are done, I then pencilled the pattern onto the model before filling it in with the reds - simples!

Next up, and the second part of my vow for painting stuff in October over at The Dark City forum is a ravager - the anti-tank tank of the Dark Eldar. The scheme is exactly the same as the Raider, just with different patterns.


Finally, what I'm working on at the moment is the small squad of Incubi that I'll need if I ever use the Kabalite Raiding Party formation from the codex.

First up, here's how far I got with my old scheme.

Then I gave them a quick basecoat of mephiston red

Next, they all got a Nuln Oil wash and I've started to put the white chest plates and helmets on them

Finally, here's the one guy that's had the armour plates highlighted (well, there's one layer left to do)