Monday, 26 January 2015

Week 8, month 2, dark eldar blog wars project.


Hi all, welcome to my weekly painting progress post - once again I'm updating on progress with my dark eldar army - 1850 pts and written for the blog wars tournament coming up in June.

So last week I left off with an almost-finished raider, the last model of my January painting vow. I'm pleased to say it's finished (above), and I've just got 3 more raider chassis vehicles to do (plus two more that aren't in the blog wars list!)


Next up then I can make a head start on February's vow, which is 10 scourges and a ravager - I made a very brief start on some of the scourge wings last week, but I've made a lot more progress since then. I actually completely lost track of time painting these guys on Saturday night, having finished the wash layer I checked my watch and saw it was half eleven. 'Ok, plenty of time to do the base blue layer' I thought. Putting my brush down upon finishing I discover it's 12:45, and my daughter is going to be demanding breakfast in about five hours, EEK!

I've converted some of these guys as I don't have enough of the original scourge weapons to equip the squads how I like, so I'll run down the changes as we go.

First up, the heat lance squad, and the squad leader who is built straight from the box. This is the model that's furthest along - the armour layering took longer than I'd expected at lunchtime today but the metallics are done, and the armour just needs the edge highlight. Blues are still just basecoated so need two more layers.


Then we have my favourite conversion of the squad, using the dark lance arms from the kabalite warrior kit and the heat lance from a reaver jetbike. 


Next up is the basic heat lance from the kit


And then a conversion using a shredder


Finally, and I'm sorry to say, I genuinely can't remember which parts I used to make this guy.


For the second squad, the leader has a wych arm


These two are shard carbine conversions, this time using a haywire blaster from the talos kit.



And then two basic haywire blasters straight from the box.



I also basecoated the ravager this week.


Oh, and having finally laid my hands on the edge paint, I finished the flame detail on my wraith knight torso, just for a bit of a change!


I also finished building his base.


Tune in next week for more pics, I would like to have at least one scourge unit completed by then!