Wednesday, 7 October 2015

Dreadtober - progress 1

Hi all,

time for a quick update. I'm still getting back into the swing of blogging after my hiatus owing to fatherhood for the second time.

Little one is now four weeks old and doing really well (though keeping us up through the night quite a bit), and I'm getting little bits of time to put articles together.

I've got a monster post I'm working on for a construction project, but I'll release that when it's complete and not before!

In the meantime, one of the most prolific commenters on probably any 40k related blog has got a little event going in the month of October - the idea being that those of us who've signed up to it will build and/or paint a dreadnought during the month. See here for more details

Thankfully I'd already got one sat around unpainted just waiting for an excuse, so I got all enthusiastic, signed up and then realised not only have I got a dread to do, but I've got Tau to finish this month for the Tale of Gamers I'm participating in, and two bloodbowl teams I want to get done, one for the final of the current league and the other for the start of the next.

Still, in my lunch breaks at work I've been slaving away and here's my progress photos so far.

Half an hour's work on the base coats


Whole model washed with Agrax Earthshade
Top layer done on the sarcophagus and started on the arms, along with some detail started