Friday, 9 October 2015

Help - my blog is changing!


Ok, I'm not actually looking for help (though if anyone wants to design me a more professional looking banner I'm not going to turn you down!)

You may have noticed the colours have changed a bit - that's quite simply because my 40k focus for the next few months is going to be solidly on my Tau army - the Obsidian Enclave.

I've got a few ideas for some new series of articles too, and with that in mind I've ripped up my old posting schedule. I'll still be posting about those sorts of things but I'm still to come up with a new schedule once life settles down a bit.

So, here's the bit where you can help out - what do you want to see me write about?

My style of writing is likely to change, I wrote a series of articles some years ago now on a series of golf lessons I took that were arranged by work, and one of the key things I tried to bring to that series was a slightly irreverent humour, and I'm certainly going to be trying to introduce that to some of my blog posts.

I'll certainly be blogging about bloodbowl more, mainly tactics for players and teams but also keeping you up to speed with the painting and building I'm doing in that game.

Painting updates will stay as well, since painting is what I joined the hobby to do all those years ago (yes, I started playing Warhammer back when battlefields were green, uniforms were bright and white dwarf was, erm, good)

Tactics articles will probably still appear, but the main series I'd like to look at is army building - and I don't just mean list writing, I mean building your actual army - from the models, to the paint scheme to the background and all that entails. I've got grand plans - watch them fall down around me into ruins!

So, anything else? A weekly battle report? Hobby comedy? The Burning Eye's take on people in our game?

If you're lucky I may even look at adapting the MAD league newsletter to make an appearance on the blog.

If you've got an idea you'd like me to look at - post it up in the comments section, I promise I won't mock you for it!

I look forward to the many, many comments I'll no doubt receive with suggestions!