Monday, 23 November 2015

Hobby update 23/11/15

Greetings all - time for a hobby update once more!

Sadly work has been taking up a lot of my 'free' time this last week, and with two girls under three I don't have a huge amount anyway.

Still, I've managed to get a bit done in my lunch breaks and the odd hour snatched here and there.


First up though, a little package arrived for me from China this week (not, not fake forgeworld stuff).

It's an adaptor for an electric screwdriver I picked up from a well know Swedish furniture company, and basically turns it into a low speed drill for my pinning drill bits. No more hand cramps from trying to hold my pin vice and drill into something at the same time, nor worry that a full speed drill is gonna shoot off and drill mini holes in my appendages! I've only used it for testing so far but I'm already in love with it!


Here's where the majority of effort has gone, and it's resulted in my sternguard and Chapter Master Sagat being almost complete - a few Chapter badges and they'll be done!


And finally, even though I've not used it in ages I wanted to get some progress on my aegis line (one piece has been done for a while and I'm trying to get started stuff finished before I begin anything else). I'm thinking of maybe magnetising this fella so it's less likely to fall over on the tabletop, though that might be excessive given the cost of magnets and how often it gets used...

Oh well, till next time (when hopefully I should have placed an order for more Tau), keep brushing!