Monday, 16 November 2015

Hobby update

Hi all, so here I am back with another update for you - today's post is a tale best told by a bastardised version of Shakespeare, so here goes!

To base or not to base,
Whether tis nobler in the mind
To suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous boredom,
Or by applying sand,
Base them.

Of course what I'm talking about is one of my least favourite parts of the hobby - basing miniatures.

I was looking at my marine collection the other day and I realised just how many models there are that don't have bases done. Now that's kind of ok since most of the minis aren't painted either, but I thought wouldn't it be wonderful if when I get round to painting those figures, I don't have to worry about doing the bases because they're already finished?

So here was the scale of the task at hand!

Now just so that you earnest, dedicated types don't have to count them all (and because I missed a squad off the picture), that's 22 terminator bases, 9 bikes (well, five since four of them don't yet have bases at all), 1 flyer and 76 infantry. 

Quite the task, but last night I sat down with all the enthusiasm of someone who didn't want to go to work the next day and got cracking.

And hour later and I had this:

Ever model based with sand, woohoo!

Now the problem of course is that sanding them is the quick bit, and if I don't get paint on them now the sand will wear off. 

Wish me luck! TBE out!