Thursday, 4 February 2016

Another hero for a day update!

Hi all, I know I only updated you on this yesterday but a couple of things happened yesterday that I thought were worth posting about.



Yesterday I mentioned that I'd set up a new forum - well we have our first member on there already! Welcome Rob from From the Horus Heresy to infinity and beyond. Hope it's not too lonely for him for long!

Second, I did an interview about the event for Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast just over a week ago, and the episode is now available to listen to online, just do a quick search on facebook and you'll find it - my interview starts at about 21 minutes in, but the rest of the episode is well worth listening to!

Finally, I can reveal that not only do we have pledges of support in terms of raffle prizes from our local games workshop stockist (Melton Toys), and Amera Plastic Mouldings, we've also got pledges of Grimaldus and a Knight Cerastus from Rob, painted models from The Dark City's member (and podcast host) Evil Space Elves (see his extensive and inspiring project log here, and Henry South, who's an equally inspiring painter, and whose work can be found on his blog Four go to War. Lastly for now we've got a hoodie personalised with my club's logo that will also be given away as a prize (I'm going to order it in large just in case).

There will also be a prize for the person who raises the most sponsorship for the event, which I will be picking up and painting myself, in event specific colours - I promise I'll make it some of my best work!

Till next time,
TBE