Monday, 13 June 2016

Weekly hobby update - 13/6/16 - Squad Primus complete, and an arbitrary milestone to celebrate!


Greetings all, welcome to my weekly hobby update. Today I've got a couple of milestones to celebrate with you. First of all, this weekend saw my blog breach the 150,000 views barrier. So I'd like to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU ALL! Thank you for coming back to read my wanderings through the hobby, in all its myriad forms. Here's to the next 150,000, may it come round quicker than the last!

On top of that, I have a promise to fulfill, and having got myself to the very edge of completion of Squad Primus by last wednesday, it then took me the next 4 days to finish one model, which I basically painted almost from scratch on Sunday evening.

Without further ado then, here they are, Dusk Knights 4th 'Hazard' Company Squad Primus, led by Sergeant Reyes and accompanied by 4th Company Captain Alvaro and Epistolary Guiomar of the Dusk Knights Librarius.
I think I can honestly say this is probably the pinnacle of my painting so far in my entire life. Sure I've completed individual models before now to a high standard, but this squad is the result of sustained effort and attention to detail I haven't previously applied on this scale.

Since last week, I've actually managed to finish quite a few of the squad, so here are the pics.








And then finally, some finished pictures of the whole squad and their drop pod (to which I still need to add damage).



Next up on the list will be the thunderfire cannon, and possibly some honour guard for you.

Till next time,
TBE