Friday, 22 July 2016

Hero for a Day - raffle tickets now available, and spaces still available for players

Greetings all you kind generous folk of the interwebs!!

I've been banging on about this one for a while now, but I'm looking for a final push. Hero for a Day is less than a month away now (20th August) and I still have tickets available for spaces on the day.

The event is to raise money for the Childrens Cancer and Leukaemia Group and will comprise two teams of players coming together to battle across 8 games in 24 hours. The games include single player games, doubles matches, kill team and two handicap matches, where a single player will take on two players from the opposing team.



I'd really like to see us get to the magic 20 players taking part in the event, and to that end each ticket sold will also include 5 raffle tickets for the prize raffle.

Raffle prizes so far include the following:

Vacuum formed terrain from Amera

  • £15 of gift vouchers from our local stockist and sponsor Melton Toys
  • Knight Cerastus
  • Chaplain Grimaldus
  • Event exclusive 'Hero for a Day' MAD Wargaming Hoodie, donated by the members of my gaming club
  • Space Marine Librarian
  • Techpriest Enginseer
  • Captain Lysander, painted in event colours
  • Deathwatch: Overkill

If you can't make the event but would like to sponsor us please visit our online donations page http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=heroforaday&isTeam=true
We're up to £165 so far without a single die being rolled.

I can also now announce that I am now selling raffle tickets online, so if you'd like a chance to win one of those prizes (subject to payment of postage costs of course) then email me at theburningeyeblog@gmail.com and I'll provide you with paypal details.

Please please please if you can attend the event get in touch, I really want things to go well so that we can do it all again next year, so if you know someone who you think might be interested, please pass on my details and get them to email me at the blog address above - the ticket price is only £10, and that includes 2 hot meals!

Thanks!
TBE