Wednesday, 28 September 2016

The Dusk Knights - a pictorial fluff spectacular!

Greetings all!

Well we're working up towards the end of another month and though I don't have many games under my belt, as you know I've been beavering away on a secret project for a while now. This post reveals the first part of that project, though it's a fairly small part.
For a while now I've been showing off various 'finished' photos of the Dusk Knights as I get them completed, which hopefully you've been drooling over (massage my pride here a bit, I've been putting a lot of effort into them and they've been getting plenty of appreciation on Instagram - follow me as feydan13 if you like, you'll get regular pic updates of what I'm doing!).

Well, I've stepped that up a bit now and each finished unit will be getting a bit more love and attention to the finished pic. As you can see from the format above, this means cutting out the background of the picture and framing it properly, identifying each unit clearly and giving me some pretty cool pictures to work with.

Well, as you probably know, I love a bit of fluff to go with my games, and I've been neglecting this recently so I've made my own little vow to go back and rectify that. Consequently, I've made a new page for the blog detailing the backgrounds of each of my finished units, which you can see here. In time, each picture in the gallery will also become a link, taking you to the detailed battle records of the individual units (once I've written a template for them and started actually playing some games with the DK).

In the meantime, the first 3 unit backgrounds are done, with about 5 more in the pipeline for completion in the next week or so.

So, what does that have to do with my secret project?

Well, as you can see from the photos, this brotherhood of warriors is pretty grim and dark, the only question is what will they be doing that's so secret?

Till next time,
TBE