Tuesday, 17 January 2017

Spotlight on Blogging - 30k plus 40k!


Greetings all, and welcome to part two of my spotlight on blogging (splogging?) series. Today we take a look at a blog probably familiar to many of you - 30kplus40k by Rob Hill.

Now I have a particularly soft spot for this blog, as Rob has often said my own blog and discussions with him on the Dark City forum were part of the inspiration for starting his own. Consequently I've been around this blog since its beginning.


Boy has it evolved from there!

When the blog first started, Rob had a Night Lords army and was working on a combined Black Templars, Blood Angels and Tempestus army. Those are all gone now, to be replaced by some truly beautiful 30k forces.

Rob also jumped in on the review scene, doing quite a few really good reviews of some 30k forces, including (also at my urging) the Emperor's Children. I think it's fair to say that these reviews, combined with gathering momentum at my club are what started my own 3rd Legion collection.

These reviews also got Rob noticed on a much wider stage, and he's written articles for Spikey Bits.

I think the most incredible part of Rob's blog though has been how his painting skills have changed over such a short space of time. Rob himself will admit that when he started the blog he was a fairly average painter. I really don't think that can be said now - his Solar Auxilia in particular are a sight to behold! In fact, Rob's painting has improved so much he's also now involved in commission painting, and with yet another link between us, his first steps into that world also inspired my own decision to take on commissions.

Of late he's also appeared in more than one video battle report with Winters SEO, and is soon to be co-hosting a podcast, so keep an eye out for announcements on that score!

So there you have it ladies and gentlemen - 30kplus40k. If somehow you've missed this one then get yourself over there, double time!

Next week, we have 40k hobby blog