Tuesday, 14 February 2017

Spotlight on Blogging part 6 - A Warhammer 30k Horus Heresy and 40k blog - Four Dads of the Apocalypse


Greetings all - today we have a look at another blog in a return to my more normal schedule.

This week's spotlight is on the rather lengthily titled 'A warhammer 30k horus heresy and 40k blog - four dads of the apocalypse'. Yes Rob someone actually managed to come up with a longer blog title than you.



That's actually a bit mean - that full title is what shows up on my reading list, the actual address and title of the blog is simply 'Four dads of the apocalypse' (in very cool fiery lettering).

Continuing on the theme of huge variety in the blogs I follow, this one doesn't focus on hobby stuff, or tactical articles etc, but what really drew me to it was the number and quality of their opinion pieces.

This one in particular was the first I noticed, and having written something along similar lines many moons ago I was curious to see if the article took the same stand point as I had. In actual fact they didn't, but mainly because these days there are genuine value for money deals on the gw website to be had - my point being more about the fact that the value in something is also proportional to the time we spend with it.

When I had a look back at their post archive, I saw more interesting articles - kit reviews, a few hobby posts, game reports, in fact, a nice wide variety of things similar to my own spread of posts.

Digging even more deeply, I discovered something I found particularly interesting - what they call the 'star dads' interviews. So far, 3 interviews with significant personages involved with GW.

David Annandale
Graham McNeill
Gav Thorpe

A big recent feature on the blog has been their Twitter Primarch death matches - a great idea and though it's now into the final, I think there's still time to influence things, I've not seen a results post just yet! Glad to see Sanguinius ahead though of course.

Pop on over and have a look, there's bound to be something to interest you!

Till next time,
TBE