Tuesday, 9 May 2017

Hobby update - 8/5/17 - thundering hooves.

Greetings all, welcome once more to the lair of my mad science, a glimpse into what projects I'm working on, be it construction or painting. This week I have a mixed bag for you, as my burgeoning Slaves to Darkness force muscles in on the tabletop action.

First up, let's have a look at my chariots. I've decided that my first two (I like chariots a lot so expect to see more) will be of the Gorebeast variety, and so I set about building the kits (I bought a start collecting box and added a second chariot into the mix). Whilst building the exalted charioteer I was reminded very much of the old Spawn movie - really bad but some great effects for its time, and the cape of the title character has always stayed with me as a very cool concept and image.

That spurred me on and in a fit of efficiency I built the rest of both chariots last night.

These were added to the Chaos Knights I built last week, and I tested out how the chariots fitted onto the bases so I could add grass tufts in appropriate positions.

Over the weekend I managed to get the bases for Count Comus and Lord Gaspode finished too (well, nearly finished) so these guys are very nearly done.

Then once I'd finished the chariots I got cracking on the Chaos Warrior portion of the force. These guys will all have similar bases to the characters above, though I'll need to undercoat them before they're properly pinned down.

Moving back to 40k I've been tinkering with a few different units, though I really should get stuck in to finishing my doubles list for June, as there's not much more time now!

First of the Centurions (not for June) and my jump pack librarian. I'm really pleased with how the banner on the libby is turning out so far, the blending has worked really nicely on this one.

Bit of a gloomy pic but you can see how I've added a little more colour to the model, with a green glowing force sword and some red oath ribbons, plus I've added a little pallid wych flesh to the banner to make it stand out from the rest of the cream areas a bit.

Then I tinkered with the 1st Captain, adding some red to his shield and doing his helmet before getting distracted again.

Thankfully by something I'm actually taking to the doubles! Scouts, coming along nicely and don't need too much more work.

Well that's about it for this week, see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment