Wednesday, 6 September 2017

Hobby update 6-9-17 - Better late than never, right?


Greetings all - it's a little late this week for which I apologise, but here's my photo dump of the stuff I've been working on over the last 10 days.
First, up, some Forgeworld Plague Drone Riders for a commission. These are the first three of nine I'm doing, but I'm going to keep to doing them three at a time as any more than that each layer takes all night!


Then, another commission - this one is for six bloodcrushers, so again I'm breaking it down into smaller steps, here's the first two!



Now I've got a couple of interesting things - I picked up a box of bits from a friend the other day looking to clear some space in his house, and in it were these guys - the first is a classic 1987 Eldar Space Pirate sculpt, and the second is the current Tycho model but in metal. I have no use for either of these so if you're interested in buying them off me please get in touch. There's also the older sculpt of Lemartes (though I haven't grabbed a picture of that yet) and an old style Baal Predator that would look great with a heresy type force if I can get is cleaned up (it's in a fairly ropey state at the moment, but keep your eyes peeled!)


Next, with my hobby season goals in mind and fancying a bit of a change, I started trying out my colour scheme plans for the Tau and Genestealer Cult armies I'm planning. For the Tau I'm going with the option on the left, though at the moment I'm trying to decide whether to do it as a non metallic metal bronze, or just use the metallic paints.


The Primus is a bit more firm in my mind, since this pic I've added a little purple wash to the cranium, but will be looking to come back and add more details soon. This is also the source of the debate over the bronze for the Tau, as I'd love to have my GSC army with bronze details (pistols etc).


Then a couple of nights ago I decided to get my vanguard veterans finished - this makes the full squad of 10 possible, and I have another 5 without jump packs that are in the queue somewhere low down the list!


This guy will double as a second sergeant with relic blade if necessary


Till next time!
TBE