Monday, 2 October 2017

Hobby update 2-10-17 - clearing the decks for Dreadtober.


Greetings all! With a new month comes a new challenge!  I'm taking part in Dreadtober this year, so I've got some dread pics for you later, but for now, let's have a look at what I've achieved already at the end of September shall we?

First up, my first completed Razorback in a long time! I've done weathering on this guy too which I'm really pleased with, now I just need to add a second to join him!

Next up, we have my converted Terminator Captain, using the Asterion Moloch model,  an old masters of the chapter storm shield and a thunder hammer head, plus a sculpted base. This guy came together really quickly once I knuckled down and started painting him, and I'm really pleased with how he performed in the game too, taking on the avatar of Ynnead and emerging victorious. These first photos aren't quite the finished article, which can be seen in-game against the yncarne itself.





Next up we have the 8th company captain, Jace Fenix, who is also now complete though I don't have photos for him sadly (yet).



I've also been progressing with some of my hobby season pledges, with these sniper scouts now just needing detail adding to their faces and bases.


Last night I wrote a new list for a game I'm playing this week, and to use it I need a crusader squad, so here we are, my 3rd tactical squad got sacrificed to the altar of alteration and is now armed with bolt pistols and chainswords.


After that, I got these heavy bolter guys finished - these are on my hobby season list too so look out for some nicer photos of them and the other devastators on there tomorrow night.


I then did a bit of wash and colour work on some of my scenery, this building being phase 1 of a much larger ruined cathedral we're working on for the grim dark brotherhood.


And now the promised dreadtober pics! Last night I put down much of the base silver so that I could crack on with some detail work.


And so today during my lunch break I got on with that detail. I'm particularly pleased with the base and the lamppost for the dread on the left, it's going to look pretty characterful when it's done I think!


Till next time!
TBE