Monday, 6 November 2017

Hobby update 6-11-17 - Commissions and preparation for Never Mind the Blogwars


Greetings all, here's this week's look into my hobby world, hope you enjoy!



So, whilst the Dusk Knights have been taking a bit of a back seat in the painting stakes for a while, I am taking them to Never Mind the Blogwars, run by Alex from From the Fang, this weekend.

Now, as I'm not a 'regular' tournament player, I haven't ever really got round to buying myself a tray to move my army around between games, usuall using a box lid or some such thing. However, this time I'm determined to be more organised! As such I've begun putting together a combined army tray/display piece for this 2000pt force. This should help me keep everything nice and neat on the day, especially when models enter the dead pile, and also make the whole army look a little cooler when it's on display.


It has now been undercoated to hold the sand in place, and I should hopefully get it painted in the next day or two, along with the final touches to my new objective markers and that last details on the models themselves.

Away from my own stuff, I'm prepping a skaven bloodbowl team for sale, and work is progressing nicely on that.

I'm working on some assassins as well, which are a joy to paint, it must be said!



And finally I also managed to pick something up for my next project last week.


I've also been doing a ton of background prep work for the Craftworld, including trying out a blended colour scheme


and also working on a craftworld rune.

This last item feels more Drukhari glyph like at the moment rather than an aeldari rune though, so more work is definitely needed on that on before it's ready.

That's it for now, next week I'll have pictures of the finished display board for the NMTBW army, plus hopefully a finished Skaven team and some more commission progress!

TBE