- Continue to post at or above 2016 levels, when I achieved 153 blog posts.
February was another bumper month, with 23 posts in 28 days, which takes me up to 43 over the first two months of the year. Keep that rate up and we're looking at over 250 posts this year, which will smash my previous best.
- Reinstate/create some regular features, including Funny Friday, and possibly we'll see a return of 'The Adept' and his take on 40k's particular style.
- Achieve over 20,000 views in at least 1 month of the year, and aim to average over 18,000 views per month.
I comfortably exceeded my 18,000 target once again this month, for a second month in a row beating the 20,000 mark (23,239 to be exact). In fact, had my viewing figures continued at the same pace and February had the same number of days as January I'd have beaten that record.
- Continue to promote adsense on the blog, and actually get paid by google!
Well I honestly thought I was going to achieve this this month, but agonisingly I fell just a few pence short of the threshold for getting paid (the pot now stands at £59.50). Still, it'll give me another month to increase the pot beyond that threshold so the payment will be nicer when it does arrive.
- Feature a narrative campaign series of battle reports using the Dusk Knights.
- Promote a more 'feature/spotlight' style of photography post when I finish painting a unit.
I'm also going to start featuring a combination photo in these review posts of everything I manage to paint in a month.
- Buy no new 40k miniatures in the first half of the year (excluding those I've already committed to, which comprise a chimera, guardsman squad, and 12-14 genestealers).
- Expand on commission painting services, getting a more formal structure in place.
- Buy the Dwarf Bloodbowl team, including a Deathroller.
- Continue to paint/build 300pts per month on average.
- Complete my first formation for the Genestealer Cult - the First Curse.
- Finish painting 1000pts of Emperor's Children
- Begin the repainting of the Tau, at least 6 units to be complete by the end of the year.
- Begin using an airbrush to increase the speed of my painting.
- Complete building my gaming table/storage space to enable battle reports on the GDB blog.
- Beat Ryan more often than I lose to him.
- Achieve a 60+% win rate with the Dusk Knights.
- Achieve a 50+% win rate with the Obsidian Enclave.
- Get into the playoffs of MAD League 3 Bloodbowl.
- Develop a consistently successful list for use with the Dusk Knights
- Place in the top half of two different tournaments.
February seemed to go off the rails a bit for both myself and my wife despite a couple of kilos lost in the first two weeks (what can I say - Valentine's Day and my wife's birthday encouraged us both to indulge in rather more food than we should have!), but things are rescuable, and I'm back on it again now.