Tuesday, 20 June 2017

Turns out I'm not dead after all!

Greetings all!

I'm happy to announce that I'm not dead, and not even not dead in an 'on the corpse cart' Monty Python kind of way.

No, actually I went on holiday, but as is my lack of organisation I hadn't got any posts stacked up waiting to be published whilst I was away.

Thankfully, I'm sure there have been plenty of other blogs out there feeding you hobby greed whilst I've been away, now I just need to get your attention once more.

So here's where it gets interesting.

With the release of 8th edition, I and a couple of friends of mine are stepping up our efforts regarding our joint project, http://gdbrotherhood.blogspot.co.uk/  and the events we plan to run. Scenery projects are progressing nicely, and we have a ruined city board approaching completion, with Necron tomb complex and industrial centre being worked on as well.

Consequently, I'm going to be splitting my time on blog related stuff between these two places, and the key thing there being that both Tom and I are working on new armies for 8th edition.

You'll continue to see my efforts on here, but the extra stuff that goes along with that army will all be located on the brotherhood blog linked above - the first post is the background fluff to my new army - the Swords of Dawn, which will be going up very soon, if it's not already live. I'm really pleased with the work I've put into these guys so far, and I'll also be having a good look at the Primaris Marines from the Dark Imperium boxed set over on there too (spoiler - I think the new models are great!).

So, thanks for not giving up on me - here's a few pics of what I've been doing whilst I've been a bit quiet!

Some of the industrial scenery for one of our event boards.

Ahem. Yes, I bought the Dark Imperium boxed set.

For those of you who didn't - the models are incredible. 7-8 parts each roughly, and though 'monopose' these two guys are actually comprised of the same parts. there are two duplicate intercessors and the same for the hellblasters. the hole to attach the head however allows alternative positioning, and so very different looking models can be created as you can see above.

With all the Primaris models built now, I'm working on test models to get the actual paint colours nailed down before I crack on.

That being said however, this is the arrangement of colouring I finally settled on, after looking at five different options for layout of chapter and company colours.

I'll be painting up the 5th company from the Swords of Dawn initially, so the black shoulder pad is indicative of which company the model is from.

See here for much more on the Swords of Dawn!

Till next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment